16 Ways to Give BackPosted on Wednesday, November 15th, 2017 by Kristen Kocen
In Community, Culture, Helping Out, tagged in Tags: community service, Sweet 16, volunteering
With Thanksgiving around the corner, many are wondering how they can give back. Whether it’s spending time at a local animal shelter or leading your child’s troop, there are a number of ways to help.
At the beginning of the year, we challenged every co-worker to donate 16 hours of community service. Co-workers earned tickets for every hour of time given, as well each $20 donation. As a team, we’ve met our goal with plans to continue through the end of the year.
Below, you will find a list of 16 ways we served our community. We hope it will inspire you.
- Spend time tutoring students.
- Run for a cause, like the Pancreatic Cancer 5K or the Run for Little Hearts.
- Coach a team.
- Join in the Heart Walk.
- Chaperone a field trip.
- Cook up something special at the APWA’s Cooks for Kids.
- Donate blood.
- Participate in Project Lead the Way.
- Support Harvesters with a food drive.
- Learn how to perform CPR.
- Help out at the American Royal.
- Adopt a street.
- Lend your talents to Growing Futures.
- Gather supplies for Heart to Heart International.
- Volunteer as a mentor at Johnson County Community College.
We’d love to know. How do you give back? Do you have a favorite organization we should check out? Share your ideas with #AffinisGivesBack.