Our 2018 Community Service Challenge: How We Gave BackPosted on Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 by Cindy Martens
In Community, Culture, tagged in
In 2017, we challenged every co-worker to donate 16 hours of community service as part of our Sweet 16 celebration. Co-workers earned points for hours worked and monetary donations given to charitable causes. Those points translated into raffle opportunities for a variety of gift cards. It was Affinis’s way of saying “thank you” for giving back.
We enjoyed our 2017 challenge so much we decided to continue the tradition into 2018, upping the ante to an 18 hour challenge. In 2018 we, logged more than 770 hours of community service. In fact, over half of our team met or exceeded that 18-hour goal. Here are some of the ways they gave back:
- Participating in the American Lung Association’s Fight for Air Climb, Alzheimer’s Walk and the Heart Walk.
- Volunteering at church.
- Donating blood, food, and coats.
- Coaching a team.
- Attending the Lee’s Summit Pancake Breakfast.
- Contributing to Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day.
- Stuffing bags for Harvesters.
- Providing communications for a non-profit.
- Cleaning up a road.
- Giving to Hope Kids.
- Presenting about the importance of CPR.
- Volunteering with ReStart.
- Mentoring kids through 4H.
We’d love to know how you give back. Do you have a favorite organization we should check out this year? Share your ideas with #AffinisGivesBack.