There’s a log of good stuff going on at Affinis, and we are looking for a Civil Engineer-in-Training to join our team. We need a new(er) graduate to work on some of our municipal, state, and federal projects. If you have some design experience in these areas, or are interested in getting some, we’d like to hear from you.
Some of the responsibilities for this position are:
- Under close and frequent supervision, assists engineers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments. This includes gaining familiarity with software programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company.
- Performs civil design calculations, sketches, technical comparisons, and similar technical work as required by assignment.
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians.
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and architects and recommends necessary changes.
- Researches code issues and works with city, state, and county officials.
- Researches design options and document findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- May attend kick-off and design review meetings and interact with clients as experience level progresses
You need to have a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university, and have successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
If you’re curious and want to learn more about this great opportunity, give Cindy Martens a call at 913-239-1121 or send your resume to email@example.com. We’d like to hear from you!