Engineer Summer Intern
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full-time | Temporary
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all co-workers are expected to conform to the following:
- Exhibit Affinis values daily (balance, collaboration, excellence, servant leadership, trustworthiness).
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, clients and colleagues, always striving to find ways to make their lives easier.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other co-workers and organizations.
- Exhibit regular and predictable attendance as this is an essential function of the job.
- Affinis expects a higher standard of conduct by our co-workers than merely what is required under the laws prohibiting harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
- Assists engineers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments. This includes gaining familiarity with software programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company.
- Performs civil design calculations, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment.
- Performs design surveys using survey hardware and software according to Affinis and client standards.
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians.
- Reviews drawings supplied by clients, engineers, and architects, and recommends necessary changes.
- Researches standards and specifications from City, State, and County officials.
- Researches design options and document findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- May attend kick-off and design review meetings and interact with clients as experience level progresses.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
Completion of sophomore year of studies toward a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Monday through Friday, 8-5 p.m. with flexible working hours.
- This position could require additional work outside of these hours as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position.
Affinis Corp does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In addition to a commitment to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, Affinis Corp has established an affirmative action program to promote opportunities for individuals in certain protected classes throughout the organization.