Project Engineer – Bridge Engineer
Exempt Status: Exempt
Position Status: Full-time
Affinis is excited to be growing our civil/structural team, and we are seeking a project engineer to help build our bridge design team. The successful candidate will have experience performing technical design for assigned projects and will have a working knowledge of civil engineering, structural engineering, and bridge design. In addition, this person will establish relationships with departments of transportation and cities as a bridge designer, while growing and mentoring our bridge design team.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all co-workers are expected to conform to the following:
- Exhibit balance between work and personal life.
- Enhance a collaborative environment by cultivating productive and fulfilling interactions among co-workers, clients and colleagues.
- Promote excellence by fulfilling expectations, providing optimal solutions and meeting deadlines.
- Display servant leadership by selflessly serving others.
- Demonstrate trustworthiness by being honest in all relationships.
- Strive to find ways to make the lives of co-workers, clients, and colleagues easier.
- Exhibit regular and predictable attendance.
Under the direction of a project manager or team leader, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide engineering design for transportation projects; structural inspection for bridges (above and below water) and ancillary highway structures; construction engineering inspection.
- Plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devise new approaches to unique problems; prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards.
- Prepare structural analysis and calculations.
- Prepare structural engineering plans, specifications, cost estimates, studies, etc.
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills and experience.
- Layout and detail schematic or conceptual layouts for project as required.
- Produce sketches to incorporate in plans/drawings done by CAD Technician.
- Research design options and document findings as required for project.
- Assume the lead engineer’s role on assigned projects.
- Serve as project engineer and as a designated client contact on projects as directed.
- Establish relationships with departments of transportation, municipalities, and prospective clients.
- Develop construction cost estimates for projects.
- Direct and supervise CAD Technician’s activities.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines such as roadway, stormwater, traffic, etc.
- Handle routine contract administration.
- Use design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents.
- Perform field activities; take and verify measurements with project area.
- Organize, draft and coordinate technical documents.
- Additional responsibilities may include performing occasional field duties outside of the office.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Must have a BS in Civil Engineering and 15 years’ experience with specific emphasis on structural engineering for bridge design, transportation and flood control projects, experience using bridge/structural analysis and design software, be a licensed PE.
- Must be capable and experienced in managing and performing projects in a fast-paced environment, and be successful at creating long-lasting relationships with co-workers, clients and colleagues.
- Thorough knowledge of transportation and flood control structure design and engineering techniques in accordance with current DOT, USACE requirements and guidelines is required.
- Involvement in one or more professional societies is expected.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a high level of attention to detail are required.
- Affinis requires a higher standard of conduct by our co-workers than merely what is required under the laws prohibiting harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. For consideration send resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Affinis Corp provides equal employment opportunities to all co-workers and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.