Project Engineer – Thoroughfares and Highways
Exempt Status: Exempt
Position Status: Full-time
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all co-workers are expected to conform to the following:
- Exhibit balance between work and personal life.
- Enhance a collaborative environment by cultivating productive and fulfilling interactions among co-workers, clients and colleagues.
- Promote excellence by fulfilling expectations, providing optimal solutions and meeting deadlines.
- Display servant leadership by selflessly serving others.
- Demonstrate trustworthiness by being honest in all relationships.
- Strive to find ways to make the lives of co-workers, clients, and colleagues easier.
- Exhibit regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs and directs co-workers in:
- Complex site observations such as recording and reporting of existing conditions and construction progress
- Collecting and/or assembling complex project data
- Project design, such as performing engineering calculations, using computer design software, referencing appropriate engineering procedures and design manuals
- Preparation of complex project documents including specifications and bid documents
- Complex drawing reviews, assuring plans are clear, concise, and thorough
- Preparation of quantity takeoffs
- External communications
- Project documentation
- Understands internal and external clients’ needs and expectations; seeks to develop and improve client relationships.
- Prepares reports, studies and proposals, blogs, journal articles, etc.
- Understands basic financial terms and concepts as they apply to projects.
- Responsible for accounting of individual project involvement, i.e. scheduling, scope, role and budget.
- Directs and performs project budgeting by translating tasks into estimated hours.
- Establishes and meets expectations related to budgets and schedules.
- Contributes on business development matters.
- Reports leads in client relation management (CRM) software.
- Documents business development contacts in CRM software.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- BS in Civil Engineering from ABET accredited university. Professional licensed engineer.
- Minimum eight years’ experience and strong technical background in thoroughfare or highway design.
- Skilled in project administration responsibilities with potential future interest in project management.
- Experience using AutoDesk, Civil 3D, and/or Bentley Open Roads, and other civil design related software.
- Proficient with MS Office software suite.
- 40-hour work week Monday through Friday with flexible working hours as agreed upon with supervisor.
- This position may require additional work outside of these hours as necessary to fulfill the position requirements, including occasional overnight travel.
- Affinis requires a higher standard of conduct by our co-workers than merely what is required under the laws prohibiting harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. For consideration send resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affinis Corp provides equal employment opportunities to all co-workers and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.