Project Engineer – Traffic Engineer
Exempt Status: Exempt
Position Status: Full-time
The traffic engineer will provide technical design expertise to the project team while ensuring the overall quality of client deliverables. S/he will perform technical design for assigned projects and will have a working knowledge of traffic engineering in the field of civil engineering. This individual will complete traffic studies and design, as well as provide technical support for the project team during the planning, design and construction of typical civil engineering projects such as arterial roadways, including signing, striping, traffic signal and streetlight design.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all co-workers are expected to conform to the following:
- Exhibit balance between work and personal life.
- Enhance a collaborative environment by cultivating productive and fulfilling interactions among co-workers, clients and colleagues.
- Promote excellence by fulfilling expectations, providing optimal solutions and meeting deadlines.
- Display servant leadership by selflessly serving others.
- Demonstrate trustworthiness by being honest in all relationships.
- Strive to find ways to make the lives of co-workers, clients, and colleagues easier.
- Exhibit regular and predictable attendance.
Under the direction of a project manager or team leader, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching & planning traffic studies
- Reviewing work of technicians to assure compliance with public agency regulations
- Checking specifications for adherence to engineering standards
Performing traffic and transportation operations and planning analyses
- Aiding in the development of traffic control device design plans, including traffic signal, signing, pavement marking, lighting and ITS plans
- Developing signal timings and coordinating plans
- Creating high quality CADD drawings, using MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Working with public agencies and safety professionals in developing traffic incident management/emergency transportations operations plans and strategies
- Developing traffic models using simulation software
- Writing clear and concise technical reports, and creating presentations of findings related to questions by clients and the general public
- Analyzing traffic diversion during roadway reconstruction
- Performing work zone traffic control design
- Assisting in the development/delivery of a variety of traffic operational tasks including technical memos, training and coordination
- Managing certain components of a project
- Performing field duties outside of the office in support of projects, including traffic data collection and field verifications of existing and proposed traffic control device installations
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- BS in Civil Engineering minimum 5-7 years’ experience
- PE license
- Currently has, or be expected to obtain, PTOE certification
- Long-term desire to pursue a career in traffic engineering
- Demonstrated involvement in one or more professional societies such as the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE), ITS Heartland, or like organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a high level of attention to detail
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. with flexible working hours.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. For consideration send resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affinis Corp provides equal employment opportunities to all co-workers and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.