Exempt Status: Exempt
Position Status: Full-time
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all co-workers are expected to conform to the following:
- Exhibit Affinis values daily (balance, collaboration, excellence, servant leadership, trustworthiness)
- Perform quality work within deadlines
- Interact professionally with co-workers, clients and colleagues, always striving to find ways to make their lives easier
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other co-workers and organizations
- Exhibit regular and predictable attendance as this is an essential function of the job
- Affinis expects a higher standard of conduct by our co-workers than merely what is required under the laws prohibiting harassment, discrimination or retaliation
- Performs and directs:
- Complex site observations such as recording and reporting of existing conditions and construction progress
- Others in collecting and/or assembling complex project data
- Project design, such as performing engineering calculations, using computer design software, referencing appropriate engineering procedures and design manuals
- Preparation of complex project documents including specifications and bid documents
- Complex drawing reviews, assuring plans are clear, concise, and thorough
- Others in the preparation of quantity takeoffs
- External communications
- Project documentation
- Understands internal and external clients’ needs and expectations; seeks to develop and improve client relationships.
- Prepares reports, studies and proposals, blogs, journal articles, etc.
- Understands basic financial terms and concepts as they apply to projects.
- Responsible for accounting of individual project involvement, i.e. scheduling, scope, role and budget.
- Directs and performs project budgeting by translating tasks into estimated hours.
- Establishes budgets and schedules and strives to adhere to them.
- Contributes on business development matters.
- Documents business development contacts in Deltek Vision.
- Follows up on qualifying project leads.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering from ABET accredited university. Professional licensed engineer.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with strong technical background.
- Experience in water resources, thoroughfare, or highway design.
- Strong project administration skills with eventual interest in project management.
- Experience using AutoDesk, Civil 3D, and/or Bentley Open Roads, and other civil design related software.
- Proficient with MS Office software suite.
- Monday through Friday, 8-5 p.m. with flexible working hours.
- This position could require additional work outside of these hours as necessary to fulfill the position requirements, and occasional overnight travel.
If you’re curious and want to learn more about this great opportunity, give Cindy Martens a call at 913-239-1121 or send your resume to email@example.com. We’d like to hear from you!
Affinis Corp does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to a commitment to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, Affinis Corp has established an affirmative action program to promote opportunities for individuals in certain protected classes throughout the organization.