Summer Intern – Construction Services
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full-time | Temporary
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all co-workers are expected to conform to the following:
- Exhibit Affinis values daily (balance, collaboration, excellence, servant leadership, trustworthiness).
- Perform quality work within deadlines or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, clients & colleagues.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other co-workers and organizations.
- Exhibit regular & predictable attendance, as this is an essential function of the job.
Provide summer construction services support to Affinis while learning about the roles and responsibilities of an entry-level construction services co-worker at Affinis.
Assist construction services team with monitoring, observing, and documenting construction activities; preparing and reviewing project documents; using web-based or software platforms as required by a client; and solving problems.
Construction science, construction management, or civil engineering student who has completed their sophomore year of studies.
Special Position Requirements
- Able to work outside in extreme weather conditions
- Able to lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs
- Valid driver’s license
Monday through Friday, 8-5 p.m. with flexible working hours. Overland Park, KS or North Kansas City, MO office locations. Some overtime may be required.
Affinis Corp does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to a commitment to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, Affinis Corp has established an affirmative action program to promote opportunities for individuals in certain protected classes throughout the organization.