News Update from our Survey GroupPosted on Wednesday, March 23rd, 2022 by Affinis Corp
In Survey, tagged in
Our survey group has been busy over the last several months, making a number of changes. In honor of National Surveyors Week, we thought we would share some things that they have been up to lately.
- They’ve been working with the Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) on the I-35 and Moonlight Road project. For this effort, they conducted topographic and right-of-way surveys, which will be used by KDOT’s design team. To increase safety, they partnered with Siler Instruments to conduct a mobile LIDAR survey. Siler’s Trimble MX-9 truck mounted scanner collects 2 million points per second while driving at highway speeds. This allowed our team to collect the survey data for the highway portion of the project without requiring lane closures or slowing traffic, as would have been required using traditional survey methods.
- We are excited to share that we are opening a new office in Higginsville, MO. Located at 812 W. 35th Street, the space will allow our survey team to more easily provide survey offerings to this underserved area. Learn more about why we chose this location here.
- The survey group has been performing property boundary surveys and the resulting descriptions for a variety of private clients in Lafayette and Saline Counties in Missouri. They plan to continue to build these and other relationships from our Affinis Corp office in Higginsville, Missouri.
- Mark Nolte, a land surveyor at Affinis, was recently elected as the Chairman of the Land Survey Division of the Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Professional Land Surveyors, and Professional Landscape Architects (APEPLSPLA).
- They have also been working with a private landowner on a survey for the USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS). His property is adjacent to a river that could be used for a wetlands habitat.
- We’re hiring! Find details on our available survey positions here.