Our qualified team has provided survey and engineering services to railroads, private businesses, and civic organizations. We can move quickly, adhering to the fast-moving schedules that come with railway projects. Drawing on our previous experience, we can perform the tasks needed safely, accurately, and efficiently, minimizing the disruption to your operation.
When working on railroad property, safety is of the utmost importance. Our railroad services team performs the annual safety training and testing required to work on a railroad right-of-way. They coordinate with railroad and rail worker protection companies to provide the proper level of protection and oversight needed to keep people safe and rail operations moving without interruption.
- Railroad design
- Site due diligence
- Railroad right-of-way utility crossing
- Planning and design of yards and terminals
- Bridge and structural design
- Industrial development
- Construction staking
- Right-of-way research and establishment
- Topographic survey services
- Public sector rail projects
See a more comprehensive list of our capabilities here.
Certifications & Training
- Confined space entry training (OSHA)
- eRailSafe training for BNSF, Canadian National, and Union Pacific, Railroads
- BNSF Contractor Safety Training
- On-Track Safety Roadway Worker and Safety Rules Training rules training as required by the Federal Railroad Administration and the Kansas City Southern Railway
- First aid and CPR Qualified
- Job Specific Safety Action Plans
541310 541330 541340 541360 541370
Working with Affinis is great, they are responsive and appreciate the time-sensitive nature of our projects. Looking forward to more projects in the future.
Former Kansas City Southern Railroad Employee